Thursday, September 27, 2012

Outwitting the Devil



In the book, ”Outwitting the Devil” the author claims that he was able to force the devil into honestly answering questions. This may or may not be true. However, if you can get past the question of the source, you can learn to think about your thoughts in a whole new way.
            The book states that the devil does not dwell in some cave or other dwelling that is called hell. He lives in your thoughts and fears. He grows in strength when you do something he calls “drifting.” He has no actual physical body. No horns and red skin like in all the movies.  He is simply negative energy that lives in the minds of those who fear him. The devil claims that the 6 most effective fears for controlling human thought are poverty, criticism, ill health, loss of love, old age, and death. The biggest lie he uses is that, “I am standing just beyond the entrance gate of the next life, waiting to claim them after death for eternal punishment.” Then he points out, “Of course I cannot punish anyone, except in that person’s own mind, through some form of fear..” When we die and go to hell, we don’t just roast in a fire. We are, “taken over be me and their mind power is added to my being.” The devil is constantly working to control our minds so that later they will become his.
            I said that the devil grows in power when you “drift.” Let me try to define this word for you. Drifting is a habit.  “A drifter is someone who permits himself to be influenced and controlled by circumstances outside his own mind.” “A drifter has lots of opinions, but they are not his own. Most of them are supplied by me.” The devil says, “I enter the minds of people through thoughts which they believe to be their own.” In other words he starts when you are young and whispers little negative lies to you until you start to take them as truth. He tricks you into going through life without direction or purpose.
            Here are some examples of drifting: 1. Going into a marriage without a plan on how to live in harmony. This causes arguments over money, nagging about chores, and arguments over social activities. 2. Drifting from job to job or in and out of school. This causes a fear or poverty and keeps you with a lack of purpose. 3. Not saving and budgeting. This takes away hope for the future and really causes a fear or poverty. 4. A thought process dominated by negativity. This causes a snowball of negative actions and makes people constantly feel like a victim.
            The sad part of what the devil does is that he enslaves people. In my last post I said this post would explain how people can act contrary to their soul their whole lives because of fear. That is because they have been drifting their whole lives. For example, once I did something clumsy and my mom said, “Geez, you are so clumsy.” Then the devil came into my head and repeated that to me over and over. Without me realizing I adopted that as a personal trait. I would describe myself that way! It made me expect to drop things and trip up. Then the world delivered what I asked for until I was convinced that it was true. When I learned the power of words I realized what had happened. I have since started dancing and catching balls and playing game that require coordination. Guess what, I’m pretty good. I am not calling it a talent (gift given by God so you can fulfill your purpose in life). Still, all that time I was giving power away to the devil!
            So my plea to you is simple. Please realize the power you have over your world through your mind and use it. Don’t give it away or let it be used against you. Remember, “Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as
your soul prospers.” 3 John 1:2.

No comments:

Post a Comment