Sunday, August 12, 2012

June Word of the Month: ADVENTURE

          ADVENTURE means to take a risk and to have an unusual or exciting experience! ADVENTURE is a powerful word because you should see much of life as an ADVENTURE.  Many people go to work, come home, watch tv, go to bed, and get up to do it all over again. They take no risks and they don't ever experience anything new, let alone exciting.
          You should always be trying new things and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. It builds character and teaches you to have confidence.  You have to take risks in order to gain confidence to take bigger ones. But when you do step out of your comfort zone and manage to survive it makes you feel like you did something of significance!
         The hardest part of chasing an ADVENTURE is having faith. I don't mean that in a spiritual way. Although that type of faith helps as well. By faith I mean certain belief in something. You need faith that you can do whatever you are setting out to do. You need faith that whatever circumstances are set before you, that you can overcome them. What gives you that faith? It's the knowledge that something greater lies ahead. For me that knowledge comes from spiritual faith. I believe that God wants me to prosper and be in good health, even as my soul prospers. (3 John 1:2) That knowledge that I will overcome gives me the faith to take risks, because they aren't really risks. That doesn't mean that I'm not scared or embarrassed. It just means that I am motivated to do it anyway. If you weren't scared or nervous or embarrassed, it wouldn't be an ADVENTURE!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment